Monday, April 10, 2006

The mountain bike


Awesome weekend. I spent two days riding my mountain bike around in the Whakarewarewa forest. One major spill, grazing my elbow and leg and giving myself a few good bruises but apart from that - all good.

Anyone who rides a mountain bike should check this place out, it's wicked. The tracks are amazing ranging from real easy to mind bending. I rode about 35 K's on Saturday and managed to get about 15 more K's in before leaving at lunch time on Sunday.

While I was there (with a group of 7 people) there was also the xterra race on which provided some entertainment. It's just amazing to see some world class athletes and some absolute Muppet's as well. The xterra course was generally easy track but there were a few tricky sections which provided some great entertainment.

Mountain biking is a great sport to separate the boys from the girls. We were all waiting for one of our bunch to make his way down a track and he had been a while so we determined he must have canned off. Two of us decided to head back up and see how he was and as we were heading back up the track one of the girls shouted out 'Have you got a first aid kit ?' to which the other guy heading up the track with me called out 'No but I've got a camera' :-)) He had canned off but he was fine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home