Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Free money

From Labour's web site.
http://www.labour.org.nz/news/latest_labour_news/news-060329/index.html

The thing that riles me most about this is that Labour seem to have focused the issues of education entirely on the popular election subject of student loans.

All issues related to education since the 'election bribe season' have been entirely diverted to this offer of 'free money'.

OK, the loans are now interest free - great well done. Now before the next election bribe, how about some fixing of education as promised in 1999.

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

This really p*sses me off as I think of the time myself and my partner spent tunnelling all our efforts in repaying our loans.

Instead we should have done what my mates did and keep living it large. At worst I could now put the money towards my mortgage instead.

4:48 PM  
Blogger Gardener said...

Likewise, my wife went back to complete her Law/social policy degee a few years back and we were also diligent with her loan.

I'll put my hand up for an interest refund thanks.

10:30 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

It really is a further example of Labour deliberatly rewarding self-destructive behaviour because that remains the best way to leave people dependent on the state.

12:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home