Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Night riding

I ride in a Tuesday night mountain bike riding group. It's a bunch of guys, most 40+ who like to take to the Wellington hills on bikes together once a week. The overall group is about 20 odd riders with about 6-8 turning up each week. Mountain biking at night is awesome, if you ride a mountain bike, get some lights and go crazy. I highly recommend NightLightning for lights.
I run one of these on my helmet, cranking out 35W, and I run a modified one of these with a 2W LED in it on my bar.

Tonights ride in perfect conditions was from Owhiro Bay car park, up the tip track to the radar station, down through Long Gully and down to the coast and back to the cars.
(Permission from the private land owner was obtained through Long Gully).

All up the ride was 17.81K's, 1:39:30 ride time, Avg: 13.36 Max: 41.9.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home